ExControl i2c EXTENDER that creates a non-latching, bidirectional, logic interface between the normal I2C-bus and a range of other bus configurations.
This board lets you retain all the features of the standard I2C-bus while easily extending its communication distance up to 30m or 3000 pF, well beyond the limits of the standard 400-pF bus.
It can interface I2C-bus logic signals to similar buses having different voltage and current levels.
Upgrading standard I2C-bus systems to:
- Implement multi-drop signal distribution using low-cost twisted-pair cables
- Power and data in same FTP or UTP wire (Power in bus wire).
- Increase total connected capacitance
- Easily drive signals over longer cables, up to 30 m
- Improve noise immunity
- Dual, bidirectional, unity-voltage gain buffer
- Latch-up free, Latch-up testing is done to JEDEC Standard D78, which exceeds 100 Ma
- ESD protection exceeds 2500 V HBM per Mil Std 883C-3015.7 and 400 V MM per JESD22-A115
- All I/O have diodes to VCC and GND
- Requires no external directional control
- Compatible with standard I2C-bus
- Wide supply voltage range (5 to 12 V)
- Clock speeds to at least 100 kHz and 400 kHz or beyond,depending on application
- Simple Point to Point
- Point to Point ADVANCED
- Multidrop Bus
- Power in wire Bus
- I2C Extender User Guide